The entry below comes from Kilkenny City and County Guide and Directory. It was compiled by George Henry Bassett and was published in 1884 by Sealy, Bryers and Walker in Dublin. While primarily know as Paulstown for much of it’s existence, it’s name was change for a period to Whitehall during the 19th century. The entry below gives a brief description of the village before going on to list a number of inhabitants and their occupations. This is an excellent genealogical resource in light of the destruction of 19th century census returns for Ireland.