The Dublin Metropolitan Police was formed in 1836 to replace the old Dublin Watch and remained in existence until it was amalgamated with An Garda Siochana in 1925. An excellent publication by Jim Herlihy lists various members under different headings in the appendix. One such heading is “Ex-members of the Royal Irish Constabulary” and this list contains the following information:
Maher, Jeremiah, DMP 144, born 1808, Paulstown, Co. Kilkenny
DMP 144 is the warrant number and all 12,566 members of the force had one.